Today we have a guest post from Dr Cathy Manning who is conducting research into the way children with autism see the world around them and how sensory processing can impact on this. Dr Cathy Manning is the Scott Family … Keep Reading…
Don't miss another post! You know it makes sense!
Get Started with SEND
This week’s top 5 articles
- Sensory processing in autism: research developments
- Forget festivals, I prefer Disability exhibitions
- Living with Mr Worry – tips from a mum
- Counselling and mental health services: Will they still be delivered?
- A very special Learning Disability Nurse asks: Who Do You See?
- It’s Learning Disability week, let’s talk about the negative people we meet in the LD world
- A Right Not a Fight: why young people with learning difficulties are demonstrating for education equality
- SNJ Giveaway: Making speech, language and communication a burning issue
- That’s the sound…a SEND parent’s poem. And show us YOUR talent too!
- Volunteers’ Week: Thanks to our volunteer writers and looking for more help!
- Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) – What actually changes now?
- Introducing the SNJ collaboration with patientINFORM
- Does safeguarding always protect our children?
- 4000 and counting: Did you have a satisfactory EHC plan issued last year?
- Parents must advocate for each other to make the new SEND system work
- Why my son with autism has enriched my life, not ruined it
- Mindfulness: How can it help with mental health difficulties?
- What to expect when transferring from a Statement to an EHC Plan?
- Teaching children complex communication
- NSPCC video released to help protect deaf children from sexual abuse
- All about The Challenging Behaviour Foundation
- Revolutionary New Resource for Parents: Talking About Down’s Syndrome
- SOS!SEN on England’s special needs reforms: The Good, The Bad, The Unchanged
- Patient Advocate Power! Renata helps create first specialist nurse for Undiagnosed kids
- Our son’s undiagnosed condition brings new challenges almost every day
- Little or no choice for young disabled people for further education
- How will you be using your vote?
- What does Participation look like? A Circle or a Ladder?
- #12MillionVotes: A Manifesto for Disabled People
- On conversation, sensory issues and being different: Some SNJ book reviews!
- SEND Legal Query?
- SEN Reforms
- Health news
- Resource Hub
- Access SEND Research
- FREE Sign Up!